I’ve been thinking a lot about my life lately. Maybe it’s because the new year is almost here, or maybe it is because I’ve been having a lot of weird “grown up” life experiences.
These past couple years (I left uni ~2.5 years ago) have been the best in my life. I learned what the real world was like, what I suck at, what I’m good at, and what makes me happy. A few weeks ago I learned what type of person I really am (I’m a hippie), and have been slowly coming to terms with myself.
Up until now, I haven’t really been myself. I’ve made a lot of mistakes. Among other things, I’ve:
- Not stood up for what I believe in.
- Lied to myself.
- Tried to make everyone happy.
- Hidden my true intentions and thoughts from friends and strangers.
- Cared too much about what other people think, instead of myself.
- Been too self conscious about myself.
- Not done things because it seemed ‘too crazy’.
- Been afraid to take risks.
- Allowed myself to be uptight and stressed.
Life is short. Really short. From now on I’m going to forget about other people, and do what I think is right. I’m going to take risks, have fun, and enjoy my life as much as I can.
So, I’d like to introduce you to the new Randall. Here are a few facts about me (that you may not know):
- I love puns. Seriously. I like a ton of lame jokes.
- I like hip-hop, reggae, pop, and rock music.
- I hate pants, and all formal wear. The only stuff I like wearing are shorts, t-shirts, and sandals.
- I love reading tech books. I’m not that big on fiction. They’re fun!
- I’m a total hippie. I’m super liberal.
- I like to use unnecessary adjectives (e.g. ‘super’, ‘awesome’, etc.).
- I like (parenthesis).
- I hate the US government.
- I’m an atheist. Pro abortion. Pro gay marriage.
- I’m spontaneous. I like driving to the beach at midnight and going to far away places on a whim.
- I’m a minimalist.
- I want everyone to be awesome to each other.
- I’m not very social, but I want to be.
- Ideally, I’d like to live on (or near) the beach, and listen to some loud tunes while coding all day and night.
- I want to leave LA, and move to Northern California, Hawaii, or another country.
I’m going to start living the way I want to, and keeping it real. If you wanna hang out, send me an email!